GEHA Connection Dental Discount® Plan
An easy way to save on dental and vision care.
We believe it's important to offer affordable options that will help you save money on routine, specialty, preventive and even cosmetic dental care, as well as vision care. GEHA Connection Dental Discount® Plan can save you and your family money on dental and vision care for one low monthly fee and is an affordable option for those without insurance.
GEHA Connection Dental Discount® Plan is a simple, more modern way to save on dental and vision care!
Dental Care Savings
Using the Careington 500 series discount network, GEHA Connection Dental Discount® Plan members enjoy saving 20% to 60% on most dental procedures, including routine and preventative dental care, major dental work, specialty treatment and cosmetic services. Key features include:
- Nationwide access to one of the nation's largest networks of participating dentists and specialists
- Ease of use, no limits on use and no eligibility exclusions – anyone can sign up and save
- Members may visit any participating dentist and change providers at any time
- Significant savings on routine and specialty dental treatment from a quality network of providers
- Published fee schedules that offer cost and savings transparency
Examples of actual member savings with the C500 Series on some of the most common dental procedures include:
|Procedure Description||Regular Cost*||GEHA Connection Dental Discount® Plan Cost**||Savings ($)||Savings (%)|
|Extensive oral exam||$142||$32||$110||77%|
|Four bitewing X-rays||$91||$29||$62||68%|
|Composite (white) filling (front teeth)||$214||$74||$140||65%|
|Crown (porcelain fused to noble metal)||$1,528||$654||$874||57%|
|Molar root canal||$1,470||$565||$905||62%|
|Complete upper denture||$2,196||$832||$1,364||62%|
|Extraction (single tooth)||$269||$75||$184||71%|
*Regular cost is based on the average 80th percentile usual and customary rates as detailed in the 2019 FairHealth Report in the Los Angeles, Orlando, Chicago & New York City metropolitan statistical area(s).
**Plan Cost represents the average of the assigned Careington Care 500 plan fees in the Los Angeles, Orlando, Chicago & New York City metropolitan statistical area(s).
Prices subject to change.
Vision Care Savings
GEHA Connection Dental Discount® Plan members can also save on eye care and eyewear through VSP Vision Savings Pass. With the best choices in eyewear, VSP makes it easy to find the perfect frame. Members can choose from great brands like Anne Klein, bebe®, Calvin Klein, Flexon®, Lacoste, Nike, Nine West and more.*
- Access to discounts through a trusted, private-practice VSP doctor
- One rate of $50 for eye exams**
- 15% savings on contact lens exams***
- Special pricing on complete pairs of glasses and sunglasses
- Unlimited use on materials throughout the year
- Exclusive Member Extras and special offers
|Service||Reduced prices and savings|
|WellVision Exam®||• $50 with purchase of a complete pair of prescription glasses.
• 20% off without purchase.
• Once every calendar year.
|Retinal Screening||• Guaranteed pricing with WellVision Exam, not to exceed $39.|
|Lenses||With purchase of a complete pair of prescription glasses:
• Single vision $40
• Lined trifocals $75
• Lined bifocals $60
• Polycarbonate for children $0
|Lens Enhancements||• Average savings of 20-25% on lens enhancements such as progressive, scratch-resistant, and anti-reflective coatings.|
|Frames||• 25% savings when a complete pair of prescription glasses is purchased.|
|Sunglasses||• 20% savings on unlimited non-prescription sunglasses from any VSP doctor within 12 months of your last WellVision Exam.|
|Contact Lenses||• 15% savings on contact lens exam (fitting and evaluation).|
|Laser Vision Correction||• Average 15% off the regular price or 5% off the promotional price; discounts only available from contracted facilities.|
*Brands subject to change
**This cost is only available with the purchase of a complete pair of prescription glasses; otherwise you'll receive 20% off an eye exam only.
***Applies only to contact lens exam, not materials. You're responsible for 100% of the contact lens material cost.
This plan is not insurance.
Not available in WA and VT.
|Enrollment Type||Monthly Rate||Annual Rate|
|Self Plus One||$13.95*||$139.00*|
|Self and Family||$16.95*||$169.00*|
*Plus a one-time, non-refundable processing fee of $10.00.
Why GEHA Connection Dental Discount® Plan?
- ● Nationwide access to providers
- ● Discounts available at the time of service
- ● All eligible individuals are accepted
- ● Affordable monthly and annual rates
- ● Immediate value
- ● No limits on use
- ● No administrative forms to file
- ● Savings on most routine, preventive and specialty dental treatment
- ● Save on cosmetic services, too like braces and teeth whitening
- ● Fee schedules provide cost transparency
- ● Compatible with HSAs, FSAs and HRAs
- ● Great value addition to current benefits
- ● Affordable option for those who are no longer benefits eligible or who have lost benefits through FEDVIP